Sustainability Specialist (Life Cycle Assessment)
Sustainability Specialist with a focus on Life Cycle Assessment
Teijin is a technology-driven global enterprise offering advanced solutions in the areas of environmental value; safety, security and disaster mitigation, demographic change and increased health consciousness. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 170 companies and around 19,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide.
Teijin Limited is currently seeking a motivated, passionate, and result-oriented person for the role of Sustainability Specialist. The primary tasks will be to support activities related to Life Cycle Assessment, and the development of carbon traceability platforms for our products, thus influencing the way sustainability is incorporated within Teijin. You will be leading projects that are focused on sustainability and contribute to the realisation of our ambitious sustainability agenda. The position will be based at Teijin's location in Arnhem, The Netherlands at the Teijin Environmental Solution Innovation Center (ESTIC), which directly reports to the Environmental Solution Division General Manager of Teijin Limited in Tokyo (Japan). The position offers the opportunity to play a key role in the creation of new business solutions centered on sustainability, within Teijin Group.
Position, Scope, Responsibilities and Qualifications
Sustainability Specialist at the Environmental Solution Innovation Center (ESTIC) part of the Environmental Solution Division (ESD) of Teijin Ltd. Reporting to the Director New Business of ESTIC, based in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
This position is responsible for developing and further incorporating sustainability initiatives within Teijin. Teijin Group has the vision to be a company that supports the society of the future. In this regard, Teijin Group has set ambitious environmental and social targets, which the company is now working hard on to realise. This requires the further consolidation of initiatives like Life Cycle Assessment studies and introducing new ways of identifying and monitoring our materials in product life cycles to enable a circular economy. You will work with the Teijin Corporate team on the development of these initiatives and guide the implementation of these initiatives in Teijin’s different business units.
- Support and monitor LCA initiatives in various contexts, particularly recycling projects.
- Further develop relevant expertise, tools and methodologies to contribute to the development of the lifecycle traceability program and its projects.
- Broad knowledge and experience of various topics in the field of sustainability such as circularity, ESG, legislation, etc., to support decision-making within Teijin Group.
- Follow internal and external developments in the field of LCA.
- Participate in business conferences and consortia.
Job requirements / Qualifications:
- University degree in the field of sustainability (e.g. Energy/Environmental Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Analytical studies).
- Experience with performing Life Cycle Assessments using specialised software e.g. GaBi.
- Knowledge of and experience with working on recycling projects.
- Knowledge of the supply chain of the automotive, aerospace, and civil engineering sectors is an advantage.
- Team player, with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your own work and those of others within your project team.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Our ideal candidate has been working in the field for over three years and has an entrepreneurial spirit, agile and dynamic way of working, is result-oriented, self-motivated, pragmatic and customer-focused. You are open to working in a multicultural and international team, and in a multi/cross disciplinary setting.
What we offer :
- In addition to our leading international working environment, we also offer:
- Fantastic job with an attractive salary ( € 4800 - € 7500 gross per month).
- Flexible (hybrid) working for a good work / life balance.
- Personal Choice Budget where, for example, in addition to standard 20 vacation days, 26 leave days can also be used or sold for extra salary.
- Profit distribution scheme.
- Budget to fit out your home office.
- Green Budget to spend on your house with the focus of lowering energy costs.
- Good pension with a competitive personal contribution.
- Plenty of opportunities to further develop yourself professionally and personally, for example through our own Teijin Academy and Good Habitz.
Information and applying:
For more information you can contact Caesar Lubach (Corporate Recruiter) on telephone number +31 882689788 or Vera den Brok – Mulder (HR Officer) on +31 883689291. We would like to receive your application, including your motivation and CV, via the application button on our website. An assessment and screening may be part of the application process.
Sustainability Specialist (Life Cycle Assessment) | Teijin Aramid (emply.com)