Job ENGINEER NETHERLANDS:
We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where people think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. We strongly believe that diversity drives innovation and our inclusive workplace helps everyone thrive, regardless of your background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do.
In the Rotterdam Area we are offering job opportunities for Process Engineers. In this role you ensure the operation of a manufacturing unit and work in close collaboration with our operators, maintenance and engineering specialists. You strive for optimal efficiency, cost effectiveness and operational safety.
In view of our job rotation system, a next step may be the technical ownership of another process unit, a “coordinating” position such as checking and managing energy consumption in the entire manufacturing site or a commercial/business role.
We are looking for candidates who have/are :
- Fluent in English language skills: understanding, reading, writing and speaking
- At least intermediate in Dutch language skills: understanding, reading, writing and speaking and if not yet fluent, prepared to commit to further improve your Dutch language skills.
- A current student or have recently completed university studies at least at MSc level. PhD is not required, however candidates holding a PhD are welcome to apply.
- Education : Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Petroleum/Geoscience Engineering or Applied Physics. Preferred universities: Technical Universities in Delft, Eindhoven, Groningen, Twente.
- Analytical, driven, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of yourself and your team.
- Thrive in our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth. Our hands-on approach, job rotation system and regular training will enable you to learn and develop your talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help you to become the future generation of managers or technical specialists at ExxonMobil.
This awaits you..
We offer a wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles. Your development never stops. A variety of job roles and access to cutting-edge training let you expand your potential throughout an entire career. At ExxonMobil we have your back. We want you to enjoy a career with us. That’s why we provide the safest workplace we can, so you can work with focus and peace of mind.
Interested to join us? Then apply now. We are looking forward to connecting with you!
To find more jobs worldwide: Go to our website https://jobs.exxonmobil.com/ and click on “more options” in the search field.
Internship Engineer Netherlands:ExxonMobil in Rotterdam has internship opportunities. Internships can vary in duration and content. The various areas in which you may work cover virtually all aspects of the engineering work.
What will you be doing?
As an intern with ExxonMobil you get a well-defined task and will be coached by a dedicated ExxonMobil coordinator. The internship environment is young and dynamic and gives a clear image of a typical starting environment. Each internship subject contributes to our business and will give you a ‘taste’ of a typical starting position within ExxonMobil.
During your internship – which can vary in duration and content - at one of our facilities in the Rotterdam area, you will perform a project for one of our engineering departments and will learn to work independently in a professional work environment.
The various areas in which you may work cover virtually all aspects of the engineering work. Typical projects covered by the interns are for example:
- The optimization of upstream unit configurations via advanced process simulation software to enhance the units yield and its benefits.
- Understanding and optimizing the steam consumption of one of our plants
- Reviewing our Machinery Equipment strategy and advising the different business teams on preventative maintenance strategies.
- Performing a through pipeline logistic study to determine constraints which might have an impact on the probability of one of our plants
We are looking for :
fluency in English language skills: understanding, reading, writing and speaking
- at least intermediate in Dutch language skills: understanding, reading, writing and speaking
- a university or recently completed Master student
- a university education in Msc Engineering Science (Preferred Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Aerospace, Applied Physics), preferably from TU Delft, Eindhoven Twente or Groningen
- available for at least a 3 months internship
WHAT AWAITS YOU
Pleasant atmosphere with inspiring and diverse working teams
Interesting and stimulating work environment
Curious about this opportunity ? Stay connected and apply here !